Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rosemary

Hey Everyone!
Hope this finds you doing well on this fine Saturday evening :)
Last night I finished a new piece. As I was finishing I asked Luke what he thought and he said.. "I am getting this Rosemary feeling," the name was perfect! She is part of a series I have started.

Most of my work is contemporary.. I was trying to deviate away from this with a more elegant and timeless approach but .. my style is still there..lol. It started with my reading about Thomas Gainsborough.. I had the priviledge of viewing many of his fine works at The British Museum of Art in the summer of '96. I was revisiting the museum through books and web sites. I was soon caught up in the old masters. Their way of seeing light and the simple but very detailed design. I felt the urge to produce a work of art that captures the the timeless grace of the female figure. All that is feminine and Romantic, catching that sensual and intimate moment.

I apologize for the links.. I can not seem to upload a pic. When the feature works better I will replace the links. Please bare with us, this is our first blog.


http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23247497


They may talk of a comet, or a burning mountain, or some such bagatelle; but to me a modest woman, dressed out in all her finery, is the most tremendous object of the whole creation. ~Oliver Goldsmith

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I am a NEWBIE to the ETSY collage group. Hope you decide to blog some more. I have a blog also!

    BTW: I really enjoy your art work!

    Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eve! For the longest time I didnt have a computer that could access this blog. and I am new at it and not very good lol! Now I have Wifi and hope to Blog more :)

    ReplyDelete